Thursday, April 7, 2016

Getting Started

Getting Started working from home is much easier than you would think. You do not need a lot of expensive office equipment. In fact all you need in the beginning is a laptop or smart phone. And a library card.
You can use the computers at the library for free, and printing any materials there that you might need in the beginning is cheaper than buying a newspaper. I should have called this blog Networking on a tight budget because that is how I started out. I would encourage you to visit local bargain stores in your area. Printers can be bought cheap at Thrift stores and resale shops. Always ask to have it plugged in and check to make sure it works before you purchase it. You also want to keep a notepad in your hand bag and car. Keep a envelope for receipts to be filed at a later date when any purchases are made for your business. You never know if you will need it to write down contact information for a future potential customer. As I said plenty of things can be recycled to work for you. Currently I am about to redo two cabinets and a counter top as my working station in my home. They are the perfect height and can be adjusted to fit in my working area to hold my computer and printer, telephone etc... It doesn't take a lot of money. Just creative thinking....




No comments:

Post a Comment